You may remember when I posted about a Sweet Potato, Tempeh & Bell Pepper Hash. If you haven’t tried it yet, then what are you waiting for?
This particular combination is a mixture of tri-color potatoes, brussels sprouts & tempeh. For the spices, I stuck to using Smoked Paprika as the main spice because I just love the comforting “smokiness” that it brings.
Smoked Paprika is different from regular paprika so you while you can use that instead, it won’t give off the same toasty flavor. It can be found at Trader Joe’s or specialty spice stores.
Tri-Color Potato, Brussels Sprout & Tempeh Hash
- 3-5 TBSP Olive Oil (you may need more to prevent everything from sticking as you cook and it absorbs)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 lbs. tri-color Potatoes (or any other potatoes that you prefer – I added a Sweet Potato since I didn’t have enough of the others)
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, cut in half, lengthwise
- 8oz package of Tempeh, cubed
- 1 TBSP Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp ground Cayenne Pepper (more or less depending on your preferred level of spice)
- Salt & Pepper
Heat 3 TBSP of olive oil in a large, flat-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for about 2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant and the onion starts to turn translucent. Add in the potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes have softened a bit (this is where you can add in more oil if you need to). Add in the tempeh, Brussels sprouts and spices and cook for an additional 5 minutes or so. Your dish is done once the potatoes are soft and the tempeh has browned. Serve immediately.